Samuel Clegg's House c. 1900This photo was taken before the house and surgery is built in 1908 on land to the left of this house. The house you see was built in 1897 and is named Rye Hill… The Clegg's House at 194 Tamworth Road SawleySamuel Clegg designed this house built in 1897 and named it Rye Hill Close. The matching semidetached house shown through the tree was added in 1908. Samuel… The Bradshaw's House at 192 Tamworth Road SawleyThe house of John and Harriet Bradshaw. Their daughter, Mary Bradshaw, married Samuel Clegg in 1894. In 1896 Samuel Clegg was appointed the first permanent… Salisbury House, 6 Bradshaw StreetFrederick Levi Attenborough lived here whilst he taught at the LEPTC. He married Mary Clegg the daughter of Samuel and Mary Clegg. Samuel was the school's first… The Location Of Samuel Cleggs House at SawleyBLUE: 192 Tamworth Road, Mary Bradshaw lived here with her parents.GREEN: 194 Tamworth Road. Samuel Clegg lived here in the house that he designed. He had… Front Door at Rye Hill CloseLong Eaton and Sawley Local historian Keith Reedman is about to ring the doorbell. The Fireplace in the LoungeWood panelling is similar to that at the Grammar school. The fireplace is original except for the fire and tiled surround. All internal photos of Rye Hill… The Bay Window in the LoungeArchway to bay window with stained glass. Left of Fireplace in the LoungeThis stained glass window features The Cross of Lorraine and acorns. The Front RoomLOUNGE BAY REVEALS - Lamp holder was not originally in this room but probably designed by Samuel Clegg. The rose symbol also appears on school badges etc. The StaircaseOriginal Samuel Clegg design. The Front DoorThe drawings on the front door are of the Cross of Lorraine and Acorns and is a theme repeated throughout the house. Undoubtedly designed by Samuel Clegg. They… The CloakroomThe stained glass is thought to be designed by Samuel Clegg. The CloakroomStained glass is thought to be a Samuel Clegg design The BathroomThe original Roll Steel bath. According to the owner, it was against the other wall. The stained glass is probably a design of Samuel Clegg. The LarderSteps down to the original north facing larder. Always cool according to the owner. The LaundryOne of the outhouses is the Laundry Room. Original features are the Hand Pump, sink, copper clothes boiler with fireplace under and the room fireplace and… Back of Samuel Clegg's HouseView from the garden. The semidetached House originally had small cottage style windows. The gable and Bay on the right are of the adjoining house, (Was a… The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Tree Planting.